How to simplify jit.gl.text with multiple inputs in different positions?


    Mar 10 2017 | 4:01 pm
    Hello jit world,
    I would appreciate some hits to how I could simplify the following patch using just one jit.gl.text object instead of having one for each value.
    :D

    • Mar 13 2017 | 2:53 am
      Hi nex
      I have mentioned thathaving jit.gl.multiple work with jit.gl.text would be a great feature in the past. here is the thread: https://cycling74.com/forums/word-snake-jit-gl-multiple-with-jit-gl-text-mode-3d-part2 Hope it will come in the next release or so.
      In the mean time , the two solution would be to have your separate texts as separate textures that are reference in a jit.gl.multiple. But a better faster solution would be to simply use poly~ and nest your jit.gl.text @mode 3d in there. this should be fairly straightforward
      let me know if you need help getting set up
      phiol
    • Mar 13 2017 | 3:12 am
      here this will get you started
      it demonstrate 2 versions
      instead of using unpack
      you use listfunnel to index each values OR you can use zl.lookup
      and then it demonstrates how to take advantage of thispoly~ instance index flag (1st outlet) to dynamically set up each poly~ instance.
      hope this helps
      phiol
    • Mar 13 2017 | 3:43 am
      here you are, (I had time ;-) )
    • Mar 13 2017 | 12:22 pm
      forgot to include that , the whole point is that it's now has a dynamic size
    • Mar 13 2017 | 1:36 pm
      Thank you so much!!!!! :D that is great and it's a bit step forward to developing more complex patches as I had checked those other threads but wasn't understanding how poly~ worked.
      Just a lil question, I'm changing the font size value of jit.gl.text inside your texter, but is completely ignoring it...
    • Mar 13 2017 | 2:22 pm
      Solved it! it was related to the mode 3d, changed it to 2d and now font size reacts ;)
    • Mar 13 2017 | 3:30 pm
      Geez man, I sent a reply twice and c74's website did not update my reply. They were detailed too. >:-(
      --- here is a nutshell of what I wrote
      Exactly , I turned your text into a geo so it can be processed on the gpu.
      to save a preset for each geo-text you can
      1. use thispoly's indexnumber , divide it by it's same value to get a 0 then use a [+ ] to offset the size. 2. use pattrstorage and again use thispoly's index value to name each pattr object inside
      the whole point of this, patch was to show you have to take advantage of a naming system to control parameter in each instance.
      In this case , thispoly give you your name (value in this situation), and from that I was able to position each instance , fetch the correct slider, and now scale.
      Naming systems is the way to go, when patching. You see that I also used it with the jit.anim.node
      end note : This naming system should be more a part of Max patching system. I have requested to the c74 team .
      good luck
      repost your results here :-)
      phiol
    • Mar 13 2017 | 4:45 pm
      Yup, i think i got it so far ^^
      And a screen capture after implemented in the visualiser
    • Mar 14 2017 | 12:01 am
      very cool!
      Although I can't see you patch, since you're missing the poly~ files ;-)
      Looks like a cool patch , congrats
      phiol
    • Mar 14 2017 | 12:29 am
      Ups! here it goes.
      Hope this thread helps future enquires ;)