First of all, sorry for my English. I'm not a native speaker and it's difficult for me to describe my problem I met clearly in the title. But I think a simple patch may help to explain:
The patch is simple. After you press SPACE, the [metro] will start to generate 3 midi notes (whose length are 32n) for every 16th note. Then they go to [midiformat] and are finally recored by the [seq]. After you press SPACE again, the metro will stop and you can save the midi sequence stored in [seq] to a midi file. Because the simplicity of this patch, if I open the midi file in a daw like ableton live, I expect that all notes recorded are aligned to grid perfectly.
However, the result is shown in the image below. You can see that the timing of some notes are "off".
I wonder if I made some fundamental mistakes in Max setup because the patch itself is so simple. I'm using the latest Max/MSP (5.1.7) on Mac OS 10.5.8. The CPU and memory usage is always very low.
By the way, the overdrive option is already turned on.