Been beta-testing like crazy. Max6 is beautiful. gen~ is brilliant and i'm ecstatic about it. I can't wait for all the kinks to be worked out(like poke channel referencing...) and for the environment to be more comprehensive( loop-ability added to codebox(if/then, while, for, etc.)... and arrays, etc. added to codebox...)...
But i thought i found something i could try and implement using the resources available in gen~ so far... and for now... I've failed. I have to keep moving on to other things... must prioritize my time...
HOWEVER! instead of becoming one of the hundreds of other patches I have that sit idly destined to be forgotten in a reservoir of 'almost-made-its', I thought I'd throw this one out there.
It is an attempt to create a gen~ version of some pseudocode for a MoogVCF i found at musicdsp.org. The pseudocode is included in a comment within the gen~ patcher here along with a link to the exact page where i found the code originally.
Here's my attempt at the patch for anyone who feels like carrying on the torch:
Apologies if this is not appropriate for a 'beta' forum.
(But it is a Max6 patch... before Max6 has been released.)
There is no bug here.
I'm confident of that. The failure is purely mine as far as I can tell. There is probably something about the order of operations in the pseudocode which i'm not completely understanding, or it may be the lines where an out variable is included in its own definition(for example: out1 = ...... * out1). (
May it become part of your success... if you should feel so bold as to attempt it.
Post whatever you come up with here. Even if it doesn't sound like a VCF, post if you can even get it to make some discernible sound. Best of luck.