Does someone had success with animating a 3d character with jit.gl.model? Me, beside the Seymour example nothing seems to work. Is it possible for someone who have succeed to that task to show me some pointers or an example ?
I am using Blender 2.60 and I export my model in .dae or .obj and .blend... Thanx Robert for the interest, can you send us model other then Seymour that works so we can have a look on them.... And what about the texture I think it's another hit and miss ?
ok, i just went through the steps with maya 2012, and it's pretty straightforward.
- created polygon mesh shape
- added a new material to my mesh
- added a texture file as the color channel for the new material
- delete all history from the mesh and freeze all transformations
- created a basic skeleton and bound it to the mesh using Smooth Bind
- created a basic animation by key-framing the rotations of a few joints in the skeleton
- set my Time Slider to the length of the animation
- went to File -> Export All and clicked the option box
- selected the DAE_FBX export as the File type
- clicked the export all button
- in Mac OS X Lion, you can use preview to view the resulting .dae file and verify that it exported as expected
- read in the .dae file to jit.gl.model (making sure the texture file is in the same folder as the dae)
- play the animation
Robert you're a real wizard !!!! I think I have found my problem but unfortunately it create another one. First my mistake was : I save my project in.obj in Maya and export it to Blender and then export it in collada... That doesn't work in Max, I think you need that your object had never be an .obj prior to be an animation. How you manage to have export collada with maya 2012 ? I'm on windows and the only version for open collada with Maya is version 2010 and 2011 no 2012....When I try to download they say that I can't download because i am using version 2012...
For Maya 2012 in windows you have to download a FBX package on autodesk site and it comes with DAE_FBX. Thanx Robert and I'll investigate with Blender but with version 2.62 .dae comes natively with the software...
i got it working with 3dsmax with open collada,
i found the dea from 3dsmax does not work, but the open collada one does work.
also make shore you bind all the geometry a bone, other wise it will go funny.