jit.mo.sin strangeness


    Dec 17 2016 | 4:48 pm
    I am seeing some strange behavior with jit.mo...
    I have two sets of jit.mo.sin that I got from the jit.mo examples. One set is working the other is not. The other has some extra objects for viewing the output of jit.mo.sin and scaling it. These extra objects seem to be causing jit.mo.sin to stop working. Any ideas why? I have pasted the example below.

    • Dec 19 2016 | 5:51 pm
      hi anthony. glad you are checking out jit.mo!
      the problem with the second sub-patcher is that the jit.mo.join is finding the jit.pwindow context and joining that first, instead searching up one level to find the jit.world context. the solution is to remove the pwindows, or explicitly provide the jit.world context name as a drawto argument. e.g. [ jit.mo.join @drawto jitmo ].
      this is an unfortunate long-standing problem with implicit GL contexts.
    • Dec 21 2016 | 2:00 am
      Okay will try it. I gotta say I am really liking jit.mo. The whole matrix-centric motion takes a bit to get used to. But when you do, it makes a lot of sense. Then I can really go to town manipulating the motion with matrix operations.
      Thanks!
    • Dec 21 2016 | 4:55 pm
      that's great to hear!