Closed for Company Meetings: Between September 18 (5pm PDT) and September 22 (12pm PDT), Support and Sales requests will be delayed. Only time-sensitive issues will be addressed during that time. Thanks for your patience.
Our CP is working , including iLok.If you encounter any problems with your authorisation, please do not hesitate to get in touch with support.
Lion does not include Java by default. If you see a message asking you if you want to install the Java runtime, please do.
PLEASE NOTE: this is an entirely preliminary basic walk through., and is not meant at all to be the definitive answer to MaxMSP's Lion compatibility. Over the next few weeks we shall be doing extremely thorough testing of all of MaxMSP's feature set in Lion, and if there are any issues, these will be addressed in the forthcoming Max 5.1.9 incremental update.
What's the jitter performance like? I noticed a serious performance hit in Snow Leopard from Leopard (a noticeable few frames of latency in live video) so I'd be thrilled if Lion was at least back to the Leopard speed.
So I noticed a problem today after updating to Lion. Regardless of what input I use (internal mic, Apogee Jam) I get meter-peaking noise. It changes pitch as I change the vector size. I'm also including a link to a movie. Note that you are NOT hearing feedback. This is the audio that comes out of the patch due to corrupt audio input as far as I can tell. Can't seem to shake this no matter what I try (restarts, reconfiguration, etc.)
Thanks Andrew - Tried deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.cycling74.* but that didn't solve it. Other apps work so I don't think it's a global audio setting but I could be wrong. Is there an official un-install script so I can do a fresh re-install or is it just the Max folder? Thanks for any other advice.
Thanks Dave - no go there as well...also deleted /Library/Preferences/Audio to no avail.
As I mentioned - other apps work - Live, Wave Editor, etc. when it comes to audio input.
Each time (in Max) when I change the input in DSP settings I get noise of a different pitch - classic random data writing to an audio buffer type stuff - just as in the movie posted above. any other thoughts? Will keep trying various things...
EDIT: Creating a new user and launching Max from there causes the same issue. Very strange.
EDIT: Fresh install also does not fix the problem.
MBP. 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7. 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Note that this worked yesterday before Lion - I use this functionality practically daily. Definitely something in the install messed things up. I just also reinstalled Soundflower, Xcode, Lion and MaxMSP itself. I'm sifting through the console.app and found this - not sure if it is significant or if it happens under non-Lion.
Jul 21 21:01:50 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: cmd line -psn_0_454767
Jul 21 21:01:50 i7mbp MaxMSP: CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string: '/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.
Jul 21 21:01:54 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: MaxMSP(1493,0xad1532c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x999a000: pointer being freed was not allocated
Jul 21 21:01:54 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Jul 21 21:01:54 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: sqlite version 22.214.171.124
Jul 21 21:01:55 i7mbp MIDIServer: MIDIServer  starting; arch=x86_64
Jul 21 21:01:58 i7mbp MaxMSP: CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string: '/System/Library/CoreServices/CommonCocoaPanels.bundle' (a file system path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.
Jul 21 21:01:58 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: Max: starting db update
Jul 21 21:01:58 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: Max: unable to open [-psn_0_454767]
Jul 21 21:02:05 i7mbp [0x0-0x6f06f].com.cycling74.MaxMSP: Max: db update complete
Another note - Process coreaudiod by user _coreaudiod is running @ 0% CPU with 3 threads. When I enable audio in MaxMSP and what is in my video starts to occur coreaudiod jumps up to ~9%-11% CPU with 5-9 threads. This is just with adc~ going into meter~ and nothing more. Removing meter~ makes little difference in these numbers.