Sep 19 2010 | 10:12 pm
if anyone knows how to get rid of the occasional tearing effect, please let me know,
- roger.carruthersSep 20 2010 | 8:06 amSweet - and quite possibly seizure-inducing! Always been a sucker for Lissajous figures; there's something reassuringly old skool about them, cheers Roger
- justinSep 20 2010 | 12:02 pmhi Oli, i cant seem to see any tearing here... can u post a screenshot maybe? nice patch BTW@l3vidius, i think your issue is separate as oli is using openGL to draw the lissajous curves. your oscilloscope draws directly to CHAR matrix. i think you need to slow down the clear bang so it only does it once it has got all the way across the x dim of the char matrix.j
- oli larkinSep 20 2010 | 1:37 pmit's like sometimes jit.catch~ misses some samples, resulting in the curve not joining up... it's a bit hard to get a screenshot unfortunately.also if anyone has some ideas about how to make this look more like an analogue oscilloscope (shaders?) i'd be interested to hearoli
- justinSep 20 2010 | 2:34 pmhaha yeah, i love the look of old scopes... shaders are probably the first place to go, unless u go back to CHAR. maybe use a combination of shaders, with some modulations to emulate light intensity changes and colour displacement...vade has some v nice shaders alsoi'd love to have a crack at it, but im well busy at the moment! gimme couple of weeks and i should have more free time...
- lyve formsOct 28 2016 | 8:47 pmthis patch is amazing, have just found it - ive added the 3rd dimension & wanted to share as a big thank you & for further lissajous fun. i prefer green lines & red background for maximum seizure induction x
- Gennaro SchianoAug 15 2019 | 10:07 pmThis is sick!