Max 5.1.7 SDK Update
Dec 22 2010 | 7:38 pm
We have prepared a fresh update of the SDK for you all: https://cycling74.com/download/MaxSDK-5.1.7.zip
This update addresses many of the typos and documentation errors reported here since the 5.1.6 update and also includes a new "simplethread" example project.
For your Cycling '74 elves, Tim
- Dec 25 2010 | 3:13 pmHi,first of all, happy Christmas for everybody on the forums! :-)My questions: 1) Is there a reason to have a duplicate of the JitterAPI.framework in the msp-includes? 2) What is the role of the MaxAudioAPI.mxo in the msp-includes folder?Thanks, Ádám
- Jan 02 2011 | 3:09 amHi thanks for the update I have downloaded it but dony know what to do with it.Im new to max msp.Thanks Lee
- Jan 10 2011 | 7:28 pmHi,I've had to check the documentation and noticed that all the png-s have disappeared (like collaboration diagrams etc) from the HTML version. Was this on purpose or is this a bug?BTW, is there a reason to have the JitterAPI.framework duplicated in the msp-includes folder? Also, what is the role of the MaxAudioAPI.mxo in that same folder? Can we remove these items or are they needed?Many thanks, Ádám
- Jan 12 2011 | 3:57 pmHi Ádám,I just double-checked and I do not see either of those files you mention. If you unzip a fresh copy of the 5.1.7 SDK do you still see them?On the collaboration diagrams, I just did a quick check by looking at the t_atomarray struct. If I click the disclosure triangle then I can see the diagram. Is there someplace specifically where you believe the diagrams have disappeared?Thanks, Tim
- Jan 12 2011 | 7:22 pmHi Tim,after resetting Safari and downloading the mentioned file again:I still have the .mxo and the .framework in msp-includes. The reason why I think that the collaboration diagrams are missing is that the .png files that were included in the html folder of the 5.1.6 SDK are completely missing of this zip file.Thanks, Ádám
- Jan 13 2011 | 3:12 pmThanks. I've re-uploaded the master archive which should fix the problem. You might have to reset Safari again to be sure.Cheers, Tim
- Jan 25 2011 | 3:19 pm
- Jan 25 2011 | 7:25 pmHi Timo,Thanks for pointing this out. It is a similar, though updated SDK example of that simplethread file. There is also a new threadpool example. However, it looks like the attempt to solve the missing PNG problem reverted to an earlier version of the SDK without these new threading project files. We'll remedy this.Thanks, Joshua
- Feb 15 2011 | 10:57 amMinor irritation when reading the docs for class_new()… you might want to add a note that the mmenu argument is obsolete on Max5. (It is, isn't it?)It is occasionally useful for an object to be able to distinguish between user instantiation and instantiation triggered by reading a saved patcher file, so it would actually be nice to be told I was wrong.
- Feb 15 2011 | 1:59 pmThanks Peter. I've made the adjustment for a future SDK release.