Max 7 - New m4l devices
Nov 14 2014 | 7:55 am
Sorry to be thick but I can't seem to be able to work out how to get the new m4l devices into live.
Where are they stored?
I'm on a mac.
- Matthew DavidsonNov 14 2014 | 1:36 pmIt isn't obvious. They're in the app bundle. (control click on the Max app and select show package contents)Max/Contents/Resources/C74/packages/Max for Live
- kirkyNov 14 2014 | 1:41 pmRight click on the Max 7 application - Show package Contents - Resources - C74 - packages - Max for Live -patchers - Max Audio EffectIt's hidden deep as fuck. I wish companys would release some sort of folder structure overview, plan, philosophy or whatever, each time they update their folder structure (which they seem to be doing EVERY update)As to how to cleverly merge your old M4L plugins with the new ones, so you can use them both in Ableton and Max, I can't help you either, since I'm trying to figure out this part for myself...
- BobTheDogNov 14 2014 | 1:46 pmHi Guys,Thanks very much for the replies, I must admit I didn't think they would be in the app package!All the bestAndy
- BobTheDogNov 14 2014 | 1:51 pmHere is how I added them to live 9:add folder called "Max7" to User Library->MAX4LiveDrag The "Max Audio Effect" and "Max Instrument" folders from the package and drop them on the "Max7" folder.This keeps them separate from the "real" max4live devices in Live.
- mattlyNov 15 2014 | 6:17 pmOh, cool, that's where the BEAP & Vizzie packages are too.
- tonydouglasNov 16 2014 | 2:46 amI have a question regarding doing the opposite: adding Live9 max4live patches to the plugin folder browser in Max 7. I have tried copying the patches into "Resources – C74 – packages – Max for Live - patchers – Max Audio Effect" folder in Max 7 with no apparent luck. What am i screwing up here?
- ToddMar 24 2015 | 2:37 pmCould it be that all the amxd files which are not in folders are the Max 7 devices this would make it easier not to copy the whole thing into my personal max folder. Another thing everyone should have noticed is that all the old devices exist mostly as Live Pack. I'm guessing if those devices where updated, they would be again provided as Live Packs so that one could simply overwrite the old ones. Anyway this is quite a harsh switch, once this gets released officially via the Ableton website I am expecting some changes here so that's another reason why I would love to keep the separated. Anyway another thing is that should you copy the whole folders into your own library would you not end up with a bunch of duplicates in the Live browser, that would be seriously ugly, it's already hell to browse such huge libraries. Any thoughts? Tips?