I have to use Max for a class in school. I find this program utterly impossible to learn, and I don't know how to get started. We have to create an interactive artwork.
- the piece is a collection of images
- it will use background subtraction with a camera to determine when someone enters the space, how close they are to the piece, how many people there are
- how close, or how many people determine when pictures on top of the background picture will fade out
- using "boirds" butterflies will fly about the background, and will flock away from people when they are in the space
- a library of sounds will also be playing and will fade out like the pictures as noted above
- too close to the piece, or too many people in the space, and all the sound will stop, all the pictures will vanish, and the background picture will cross fade into a different picture. The piece will not reset until the space is empty of viewers
Can someone tell me what items I need, and if there's tutorials on these items? Max is about as user friendly as adobe in this - it's not really clear what tools you have or what they do, until someone shows you. :) Please do give me the idiot's guide, as I am not getting along well with this program. ;)