I need a Max/MSP (Max4Live) programmer to write me a patch that would emulate a hardware arranger/arpeggiator that receives input from multiple channels.
Here is what I would be using:
MIDI accordion capable of sending multiple channels (3 channels right hand + 1 channel for left hand bass + 1 channel for left hand chords)
Yamaha MOTIF XS Rack (as a sound Module)
Here is the configuration needed:
1) Channel 3 (left hand chords of the MIDI accordion) will send chord information that would trigger Midi loops in ableton live.
2) Based on the chords I'm sending on channel 3 (C, D, Major, minor, dim, 7, etc) the MIDI loops (and perhaps audio via transposition only) in Ableton would be transposed and adapted just like in an Arranger (e.g. Yamaha PSR models, Roland G-800, Roland G-1000, Yamaha Tyros, or Roland RA-800) or like in an Arpeggiator (e.g. Yamaha Motif XS, Motif XF, Korg M-50, Korg M3, etc)
3) When note-off messages are received in the chord section (channel 3) the associated loop or loops in Ableton Live should be muted, but not stopped (e.g. Legato function - when the loop continues in syncronization but it is not heard). In other words I do not want the loop to stop being played, because this would cause the loops to fall short of being in sync.
This function is known as "Sync Off" in the Yamaha Motif, or "Arranger Hold OFF" in the Roland RA-800 or similar arranger keyboards.
4) An example of the loops that would be triggered by channel 3: a bass track, a guitar for chordal background, and drums (just for the triggering but not for chord analysis, of course).
5) The remaining channels of the accordion will be used for live instruments.
In short, I need the MAX/MSP (Max4Live) patch to emulate the function of an arranger keyboard but to include the "sync off" function of an arpeggiator or loop player such as Ableton Live.
I will attempt to draw a chart of my needs if these above descriptions are not too clear.
I'm of course willing to pay for this patch if it works and accomodates my needs.
Pay is $100-200 depending on functionality and professionalism.