mxj:could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment


    Nov 27 2007 | 6:18 pm
    Hi,
    I tried to install jitter on a PC with windows XP system and got this error message:
    Jitter is in demo mode Jitter 1.6.3 installed ?error:mxj:could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment ?error:Error loading: ?error:Please check your Java installation. Http://Java.sun.com ?error:Unable to create JVM ?error:Jitter Java support:could not find jvm
    Any ideas? I have tried many times uninstall and reinstall both Max and Jitter, nothing works... Please help!
    Thank you!!!

    • Nov 27 2007 | 6:20 pm
      well check the following:
      - Jitter needs frameworks - Jitter needs Java 5.0 (not 6.0, it doesn't work) - Jitter needs Quicktime
      hope this helps...
    • Nov 27 2007 | 6:22 pm
      On 27 nov. 07, at 19:18, ray wrote:
      > Hi, > > I tried to install jitter on a PC with windows XP system and got > this error message: > > Jitter is in demo mode > Jitter 1.6.3 installed > ?error:mxj:could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment > ?error:Error loading: > ?error:Please check your Java installation. Http://Java.sun.com > ?error:Unable to create JVM > ?error:Jitter Java support:could not find jvm > > Any ideas? > I have tried many times uninstall and reinstall both Max and Jitter, > nothing works... Please help!
      Did you try installing Java Runtime, as the error message suggests?
      Cheers, ej
    • Nov 27 2007 | 6:39 pm
      On 27 nov. 07, at 19:20, charles wrote:
      > - Jitter needs Java 5.0 (not 6.0, it doesn't work)
      it works with Max 4.6.3/Jitter 1.6.3 as far as I can tell.
      ej
    • Nov 27 2007 | 6:55 pm
      On Nov 27, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Emmanuel Jourdan wrote:
      > On 27 nov. 07, at 19:20, charles wrote: > >> - Jitter needs Java 5.0 (not 6.0, it doesn't work) > > it works with Max 4.6.3/Jitter 1.6.3 as far as I can tell.
      Older versions of Jitter might also work with Java 6.0 if the appropriate modifications to the max.java.config.txt are made--i.e.
      - in the "max.java.config.txt " file located in C74:/java/ change the line "max.jvm.option -Xms16m" to "max.jvm.option -Xms64m"
      -Joshua
    • Nov 27 2007 | 6:55 pm
      That's possible, I'm running an older Max/Jitter My Max is 4.5 Jitter 1.2
    • Nov 28 2007 | 4:05 pm
      Thank you everyone! The problem has been solved after instilled QuickTime.
      cheers.
    • Nov 28 2007 | 6:20 pm
      great ! have fun