Need some help in splitting some text so that I can use each token as a note

    Apr 23 2014 | 3:12 am
    Hello, I would like to parse some text using REGEX, pull out all the vowels, and then use each vowel serially to play some notes. It's going alright so far, but when I have repeated vowels I get simultaneous note output. So I need to separate the tokens so I can play notes separately. I attached my patch so you can try it out. Thanks, Gregg

    • Apr 23 2014 | 12:11 pm
    • Apr 23 2014 | 3:12 pm
      I have made a temporary solution by adding a function jb.iter, which allows iteration of a list at a variable rate. When I first implemented that function instead of iter, I got an "every other time" bug. I had to fix that with a delayed bang to the list 5 milliseconds after 1st bang. Still not sure if this is the best way to break up the list but it does seem to work. Here is the patch with the fix.
    • Apr 24 2014 | 10:07 pm
    • Apr 24 2014 | 11:29 pm
      This is complete with another way to build the abstraction
    • Apr 25 2014 | 11:10 pm
      Thank you keepsound. This is a nice implementation. I will study it. Do you know how I can make this patch into a Mac standalone application? I tried following the tutorial on this and I can build an application, but when I open it on a Mac that does not have Max Runtime, a terminal window opens and nothing seems to happen. Opening same app on my Mac works correctly, probably because I have Max 6 already installed. Any way to avoid the terminal window?
    • Apr 26 2014 | 3:50 am
      Oh, yes, that's easy! I build one for you, then make your mods.
    • Apr 26 2014 | 4:14 am
    • Apr 26 2014 | 4:18 am
      A picture...when you build as application, make shure to select application mode and not as max collective
    • Apr 27 2014 | 1:19 pm
      Thanks so much for all of your help. The app works pretty well on my Snow Leopard Mac, but crashes on OSX Mavericks Mac that does not yet have any MAX version installed on it. I am investigating this issue today.
      Process: GuidoDarezzoAlgo6 [2208] Path: /Users/USER/Desktop/ Identifier: com.cycling74.MaxRuntime Version: 6.0.7 [a687c3d] (6.0.7) Code Type: X86 (Native) Parent Process: launchd [186] Responsible: GuidoDarezzoAlgo6 [2208] User ID: 502
      Date/Time: 2014-04-27 10:17:56.203 -0300 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021) Report Version: 11 Anonymous UUID: *************************C261A
      Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue:
      Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS) Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
      VM Regions Near 0: --> __PAGEZERO 0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [ 4K] ---/--- SM=NUL /Users/USER/Desktop/ __TEXT 0000000000001000-000000000058d000 [ 5680K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Users/USER/Desktop/
    • Apr 27 2014 | 7:52 pm
      Hi, I compile my apps with MaxMSP 6.1.7 that should be compatible with Maveriks OS, I don't know what version you're using, but pay attention to one thing: the app you compile has a unique name, so if your first app is named, and you zip it and after that you have copied many zip files on your other computer or new partition, every coesistent zip file becomes a new name, aka, When you unzip this files, you get the modified names on every app, like, etc...and this don't work because the internal paths that refer to the Folder where reside the real app, are broken. So, first, see what is the right name of your app first, and rename the last you want to work, whit the right name if it's different. Last try is go use the right MaxMSP app also on the Maveriks OS, and it should work. Best regards
    • Apr 27 2014 | 9:32 pm
      Include note increment/decrement
    • Apr 28 2014 | 1:17 am
      Thank you keepsound. I found that after I recompiled using MAX 6.1.7, that the app works well on Mavericks, but it is not really a true test of the app on a Mavericks machine without Max Runtime. I have sent my app to some friendly testers and I hope they will give me some useful feedback on it. I still need to figure out how to save default window sizes and positions so I can code my standalone to start up with the same view on each machine and even hopefully resizes and positions if opened on smaller displays.
    • Apr 28 2014 | 4:18 am
      Max Runtime is included in every standalone app (not in the Max collective files! : files with .mxf suffix), so don't care about it. When you compile your app, the window size and position values are writed with the app itself. Only if other users have different screen resolutions, they become different dimensions for the app window, and if the position is with e left top edge at 0, 0 x,y, they will become it at the same as yours. Don't put yopur app in the middle of your screen!!!! And there's the possibility to zoom every object on your app patch regarding the host screen resolution, but there is a great work to do,it's not easy, and maybe you have to learn a little bit more about Max. Ciao
    • Apr 28 2014 | 1:19 pm
      This is an example. This implementation is to due for every objetc that you have put in presentation mode in your app... Every position is to change in his position parameters. Presentation_rect parameters are different from patching_rect parameters! This mean that what you see in your edit patch is different from the presentation view. Try changing the parameter name before and after.