The below is a duplicate of a post I put up yesterday in reply to another thread, but I'm reposting because the original subject might not attract everyone to whom this might be relevant.
I did some work on aka.wiiremote this summer (to make ajh.wiiremote I guess):
There were several things I was working on:
1 - Much enhanced stability - and more verbose description (so you can tell whether things are working or not).
I totally revamped the connection process and how it's dealt with, and found the tedious dropped connection issue, which I have worked around, so as far as the end user is concerned it doesn't exist - I'd hate to say 100% reliable connection here (because I know I'll be proved wrong), but pretty damn close.
The main problem with the old version is that when things don't connect it can leave the wiiremote in a state where it is partially connected, and you have to use the red button inside the case to reset it. But you don't KNOW that, because you can't really tell what's going on.
2 - No decoding outside the object (the data is internally decoded for buttons etc.)
3 - WiiMotionPlus Support
4 - full 10bit accelerometer values (rather than the 8 bit values)
So. I need it testing - but I'm also not totally done with it yet. I was going to wait till I had more time to get it ready. However, seeing as this has come up. I'm happy for people to test it, as long as they understand it's as is, and other than simple bug fixes I'm not able to work on it right now. I can't remember exactly how I left it, but I think all the aka.wiiremote features still work, but some stuff works a bit differently.
Also, I'm on Tiger here, so I can't address Leopard specific issues easily, but I have a feeling that what I've done so far my eliminate a lot of issues - then again, it might not...
There's not a help patch yet, but I think I have an example patch which is easy to figure out.
Also, - should say - Mac only (sorry to any PC users)
If you're interested contact me offlist - you can get my address here: