We're experiencing an unexpected issue on a machine with OSX 10.5.8 installed (MBP Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM):
- I create an object whose stucture size is > 16368 (a value found by trial and error). This object at some point calls object_post(), or object_warn(), or object_error(), passing itself as the function's first argument as usual.
- I create three instances of the object in a patch (one is not enough, didn't test with two…)
- I have object_post() called.
- I close the patch without saving
- I double-click the Max window line printed by object_post()
- Max crashes, see the attached crashlog
This can be easily tested e.g. by artificially inflating the plussz structure, and placing object_post() in the new method - but the problem arises with any other method.
On another machine with OSX 10.6.8 the bug doesn't show up.
Now the questions are:
- can anyone confirm this bug? does it happen on this specific machine only, or on other Leopard machines as well?
and, more importantly:
- the fact that Max doesn't crash under Snow Leopard is just by chance, or can we be confident that with higher system requirements we are safe?
Thank you for your help!