plz share your pure-msp-made-reverb with me! help

    Feb 16 2006 | 3:51 am
    Hello everyone.
    I am desprate for your help.
    I tried using all the externals for reverb. Everytime I minor change my settings, eg max4.5.6 to max4.5.5, the sound gets screwed. And this only goes with the reverb. I have built many effects within my patch which is all made from original msp-objects. No problems. But with the reverb, it is too hard for me to build that I had to use externals. I have tried the newverb unit which seems to be build with msp-objects, but that did not work since I downgraded from Max4.5.6 to Max4.5.5. I do not know why but the sound has some sort of distortion. I tried with its help-file but it already is screwed. I deleted all the max-pref-files but no good.
    All my other pure-msp-effects are fine.
    If you have a reverb patch which is made by pure-msp-objects, will you plz share it with me.
    I would really appriciate.
    Thank you.

    • Feb 16 2006 | 4:27 am
      It's most likely a function of your signal vector size. Many reverbs, such as rev1~ in the spat are flakey with vector size > 128. I had built a workaround version (substituting delay~ for tapin~ in non-feedback situations with short delay times), but it seems to be having difficulty after 4.5.5. Dunno if this is just me, or if something may have changed? (perhaps some sort of optimization?)
      Sorry, can't share, though because it's part of the IRCAM Jimmies. yafr~ is often a good place to start, though.
    • Feb 16 2006 | 4:33 am
      I "think" (but could be wrong) that you can download the tap.verb~ or tap.verblite~ and "open" them like abstractions and see the "pure-msp" inside it. I'm not in front of a computer with msp right now. uested=t ap&operateur=AND&id_plateforme=0
      If this works you can at least "get under the hood" and tweak it.
    • Feb 16 2006 | 10:55 am
      Richard Dudas made also different reverb called newrev1~, newrev2~, and newrev3~. Don't know when the newrev4~ will be out :-)
    • Feb 16 2006 | 5:48 pm
      I think there was a problem with the comb~ object which messed up the sound in newrev~ for a while. It's fixed now, but it sounds like you might have a version that's not good.