Rename Max console?
Feb 06 2019 | 3:21 pm
Is there any way to rename the max console to "my app console" for a standalone app? Thx, Bill
- Apr 16 2020 | 1:55 pmbump
- Apr 16 2020 | 3:37 pmMax Console is in the executable code . Rename it but keep number of letters. For menu item Max Console, edit maxinterface.json. Similar in windows version
- Apr 16 2020 | 6:59 pmHello Source Audio, "Max Console is in the executable code . Rename it but keep number of letters." In the .mxf file? Thx, B
- Apr 17 2020 | 6:32 amExecutable file on mac is in app/Contents/MacOSOn windows it is in the Max.exe file
- Apr 17 2020 | 9:34 amSource Audio, Got it, thx! B
- Apr 17 2020 | 10:27 amworks on both platforms, thanks Source!
- Apr 07 2021 | 11:38 amJust stumbled on this old thread, valuable info that I never knew, thanks @Source Audio!
- Apr 08 2021 | 10:15 amYou are welcome ! I guess you want to customise own apps as much as possible... I allways decouple location of Settings file on Windows, because they usually land in /user/appData/Roaming/Cycling '74/my-app One can replace Cycling '74 (11 chars) using own "company" id from version to version replacement is located differently, but searching for hex 43 00 79 00 63 00 6C 00 69 00 6E 00 67 00 20 00 27 00 37 00 34will get one to right location (one with P.r.e.f.e.r.e.n.c.e.s) (or S.e.t.t.i.n.g.s in Max 8)here Max 7.3.5Name of the preferences folder itself should be left as is, that's job of standalone inspectorKeep same number of chars.I mod the apps using mac, but any editor like HxD would work too on windows One reason to do so ... I often prepare settings for my apps and extract them to my location, if cycling one were used, my installer could overwrite settings of other apps, like max itself.
- Apr 08 2021 | 12:10 pmVery useful info, thanks again!