Sending "seek" times to sfplay within poly~


    Dec 07 2007 | 9:04 pm
    I am trying to trigger sfplay within poly~ using seek times. Here are two examples. Times are packed into seek and sent to sfplay, which works. The second example, I have been playing around with different pack options even using note, midinote, and target with no luck. Notice on the second example that there are no errors in the "Max" window. Thanks you for your time,
    Fletcher
    NOTE: Below are two seperate files, the first should be saved as "SimplePoly01.pat" as this patch is used within the second patch of text below.
    Poly Abtraction:
    max v2;
    Patch:
    max v2;

    • Dec 08 2007 | 3:24 am
      Update:
      I removed an unnecessary? pack in the poly~ abstraction as well as added a global "open" which does so for all 16 voices. No errors in Max windows so I am not sure where to go next. I am going to start experimenting with bangs into poly~ (would that be necessary since there is no note on/off messages?) I am attaching a zip file with both patches if that is easier than all of the text. Thanks for your time!
      Fletcher
    • Dec 11 2007 | 5:25 pm
      A better title may be "Controlling poly~ using "seek" times into sfplay~"
      Any avenues I could pursue would be greatly appreciated.
      Fletcher
    • Dec 11 2007 | 7:14 pm
      you need to send the "target n" message to your poly, replacing n with the voice number you want to send the seek message to.
      also, it looks like you are muting the voice at loadbang, but you never unmute the voice when you receive the seek message.
    • Dec 12 2007 | 12:26 am
      Thanks for the reply Rob! I actually got this baby working by packing the times into a "prepend note" into Poly~ (Thanks Dr. Mikel Kuehn at Bowling Green for also pointing out my stupid mistake with the mute and giving me the prepend note and prepend seek ideas.) I have attached a working version!
      A side note concerning presets: I actually had this thing setup right a couple of times but what was throwing me off and leading me to try all kinds of different versions was using the preset. I guess the preset turned on the seek times before the dac~. This then led to the buffer getting full but never playing. I only figured it out accidentally by opening another poly patch I made and playing it, then all of the sudden the buffers (all 16) came blowing out!
      Fletcher