Bill Orcutt's 'shell' object has gotten a bit long in the tooth and it was time for a major cleanup and, er, a complete rewrite, actually. An "early beta" is attached to this post, so give 'er a spin and let me know how it goes.
- complete rewrite :-)
- initial implementation of interactive shell functionality:
- 'penter': if an interactive command is running, send the text + a carriage return
- 'pwrite': if an interactive command is running, send the text (no CR added)
but it's still pretty rough ("top -s 1 -l 3600 -stats pid\\,cpu\\,time\\,command" works, but can't be controlled interactively, for instance. I could successfully SSH to another computer, though).
- infrastructure for a Windows CMD version added (but no, there's not a Windows version yet and may not be for some time).
- new @stderr to optionally merge stderr with stdout
- not really well-tested yet