i started experimenting with video slitscan technique.
i adapted the patch from the examples folder. the difference is that
i start the scan from every frame (the usual technique for 720/576
video is every 720 frames). the patch is far from realtime. i use it
to render frame by frame, but it renders quite slow. i attached the
patch below (i erased part of the patch that records frame by frame
to keep it as clean as possible).
i wonder if there are other, faster approaches to this problem that
someone wants to share.
i know that using framedump from jit.qt.movie is faster than my
method, but there seems to be a bug in jitter 1.5.2 (that i happen to
be using) - using end frame values larger than 1000 results in
dumping frames till the end of the movie. so i used sluzi and counter
i also tried making the patch using one matrixset as a delay for each
vertical scanline. i started generating matrixset subpatches, first
one with single set and the last one with 720 sets, but didn't manage
to finish. i guess there is some limit regarding ram (alltough 3.5 gb
ram on dual 2.0ghz g5 isn't bad at all), because everything started
slowing down extremely....