"speedlim" and "timer" in m4l,please FIX


    Apr 21 2013 | 10:31 pm
    its been said before,i ll repeat it---
    "speedlim" and "timer" in m4l have been BROKEN ever since max6 came out."clocker" is working,after all.
    thats um oh about a year now!!
    do something,C74!

    • May 15 2013 | 7:48 pm
      I agree, RBRT.
      Cycling74 could make this angry-user bug-reporting thing a little  easier on us all I think by making the bug bug tracker public using, say, https://www.uservoice.com/ or whatever - which might possibly assuage user angst. And might also speed up bug reports since we would know if anyone had reported the bug and thus report faster. I know I took a while to report that particular bug because it was so bloody obvious that I assumed the problem must be me. then I assumed that it was so enormous that they must surely have noticed to fix it... then a year passed.
      Anyway, for now I wrote a Javascript script that simulates speedlim and works in M4l, which might be useful for you RBRT.
      HTH
    • May 15 2013 | 8:23 pm
      Sorry for the inconvenience.
      These problems with clocker and speedlim are fixed for the next update, which will be Max 6.1.3
      At this stage I do not know the date for the release of that.
      As well as the JS workaround, there may be simpler ways to replicate the functionality of speedlim
    • May 16 2013 | 1:38 pm
      Here are two abstractions you might find useful, which I think pretty exactly duplicate the functionality of timer and speedlim, which I call cputimer and speedlimiter.