May 15 2008 | 7:16 pm
I am having a strange problem with speedlim. At some point and at random times, all speedlim objects in my patch stop sending outputs...
I haven't written about it so far because when I first started to have the problems I decided to stop using the object rather than spend time trying to figure out what happens.
And specially since I seem to be the only one with this problem, a search on the list only showed this unresolved mail.
Why I decide to write now, is because someone passed me a patch were there are several speedlim objects and the behaviour came back. But the most surprising thing is that I used to have the problem on Windows, and now I am on mac, and it also happens...
It happens in Max 4.6.3 on leopard, in Max5(demo) on leopard and in max5 (demo) on tiger !!!
If anyone can lead me to where I should start looking... Would this happen if I send some 'not accepted' value to speedlim ? But then why do all speedlim objects stop.
One thing which is similar to the other times I had the problems is that the speedlim objects are mostly placed in bpatchers, and this was a similar setup I used to have when the problems occured on windows.
In the case of Max5 am using the standard version, and although I am loading a set of externals, I only use the following ones:
monoverb~ v1.1, ) 2003,2007 Olaf Matthes OpenSoundControl Version 1.9.9, by Matt Wright. Copyright (c) 1996,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,05 Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved. centroid~ v1.1 Mach-O bonk~ v1.3 Mach-O Analyzer~ object version 1.4.1 by Tristan Jehan, Adrian Freed, Matt Wright, and Michael Zbyszynski copyright ) 2001 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007-8 UC Regents Pitch tracker based on Miller Puckette's fiddle~ copyright ) 1997-1999 Music Department UCSD
Thanks for any clues...
Sorry for the long mail.