SQLite not recognized in standalone


    Jul 04 2014 | 4:38 pm
    Hi maxers,
    I'm actually working on a kind of basic mixer project. I use the get_plugs.js script I found in the vst~ object's help file to populate vst menus. When I export the patch to a standalone and run it, I get the following error : "get_plugs.js: Javascript ReferenceError: SQLite is not defined"
    Has anybody had the same issue ? I guess it's not related to vst stuff ... maybe I should try creating a database specifically for my project ? Honestly, I miss some extra info, and for the moment I'm stuck. I have ticked the "database" option in the standalone object's inspector, and in the standalone's /Contents/support/init folder, the database.txt file contains the line "max db.enable 1;" Is there anything else to do to get SQL stuff working in a standalone ? Other js scripts I have written behave as they should, get_plugs is the only one generating such errors, so I guess it's not directly a javascript issue ... I just upgraded to 6.1.7, but the bug remains.
    Any clue is welcome. Thx, Joseph

    • Jul 05 2014 | 1:26 pm
      Forget about that! I was scanning your post to quickly haven't seen that you already did this!
      Sorry!
      ----- OLD POST -----
      There is comment in the code of get_plug.js that might hold the answer:
      /*By default, the Max database is not used by the Max runtime or in standalones.
      
      If you wish to enable the database for use in a standalone,  check the "Database" attribute in the inspector for the standalone object
      
      If you wish to enable the database in the Max runtime application, create a text file in the c74:/init folder and add the following line to it:
      
          max db.enable 1;
      
      */
      
      Jan
    • Jul 05 2014 | 2:33 pm
      No problem :) So, the question remains open ...
      Joseph
    • Jul 08 2014 | 12:07 pm
      Up ! I still have no clue about this. I would at least like to know if this a broken functionnality, if I should give it up for the moment and wait for next max release ...
      Thx, J
    • Jul 08 2014 | 1:07 pm
      try contacting support. They are usually very helpful...
    • Jul 08 2014 | 4:18 pm
      Ok, finally I got it to work. What I did for this was to copy jssqlite.mxo and jssqlresult.mxo from Cycling'74's jsextensions folder into the standalone's jsextensions folder. Apparently this has to be done manually, I guess this is what the "Database support" option in the standalone object's inspector should do ...
      But now I have a new problem ... neither in my standalone nor in Max do the plugins scan work. In fact my database seems to be lost or broken ... (maybe because I copy-pasted some old sql-related externals from an old standalone's support folder into my new standalone's support folder, then launched the new standalone). I just tried a ";max db.reset" message, but all I managed to get with this is a long series of SQL error messages ("no such table: xxx") So I think I will create a new topic for this, except if someone reading this post knows another way to rebuild the database from scratch ... well, I would be VERY pleased to hear about it :)
      Cheers, Joseph
    • Sep 13 2014 | 2:29 pm
      I've produced an easy (commercial) ... That size should not be a problem for SQLite. We use databases as much as .. http://gexton.com/website-development/