i create a standalone (.app) with a max 5.1.7 (mac version). on my cumputer he open and run but when i open it on a other mac he crash at the open.
i try different solutions, but no way. do you have an idea...
I tried this with the last version too (mac, 5.1.8).
Same problem : it will crash at startup on other computers
So I did it with the classic cycle~ > gain~ > ezdac~ patch
It crashes again !
There's no attribute in the standalone object that seems to be significant for this ... grrrrr that's very annoying
I have mac OS 10.5, maybe this is a clue ... or not. Don't know.
Please, didn't anybody encounter the same problem ?
It still doesn't work ...
This is not a jitter or other specific object issue.
Is the standalone export definitely broken in the last versions of Max ?
Or does it work for some of you ?
Thanks for your response, that makes me a bit less worried, though this is still weird.
I just had a clue from a FB friend who adviced me to check paths in the standalone contents.
Unfortunately I don't have a second mac to make a standalone crash at the moment, so I can't generate a log file right now.
The path stuff seems logic since it crashes only on other computers.
I'll check this and give some feedback as soon as I can.
It seems to me that there's a few bugs with the standalone building. The issue's I've had, as well as others that talked about it on a previous thread, is that when first trying to create a standalone it builds a .mxf collection then on the second attempt it would build the standalone.
But I also had issues with it running on a different mac.