All of the crashes I was having lately, using 4.5.6 have been causing max to
stick in my taskmanager for at least 5 minutes. After a while I noticed that
this was happening in almost every case with different bugs and patches. I
started crashing my patch on purpose while stripping it down to the objects
that cause the stickyness.
It finally came down to [midiin]. Which makes sense since I almost always
have a path / subpatch with the object loaded.
steps to reproduce:
- make a patcher with [midiin]
- bang the following js to crash max:
x = this.patcher.newobject("toggle",122,90,15,0);
windows xp sp2 / max 4.5.6
object, but just an error message would be nice. Now that I know how
dangerous the remove function is I use an if-statement to be sure. From my
own experience I know that it's really easy for someone learning js to
crash max like this. At least I used to;-)