I have a simple test patch where I'm trying to connect a live.dial to a single parameter of a device in Live. The problem is that if I move the location of the device, save, then load, the mapping from the dial is no long valid.
1. Create an instance of my patch
2. Drop in an 'auto-filter' next to it
3. Bind the knob to the 'frequency' parameter of the auto-filter.
4. Drop an 'auto-pan' device in front of the 'auto-filter' device
5. Save the set and load the set.
6. Notice that the knob now controls the 'auto-pan'-'amount' param instead of 'auto-filter'-'frequency'
I think I understand why this is: because the M4L.api.DeviceParameterRemote object saves the path when the parameter is chosen, not every time the set is saved. So in order to avoid having to re-assign the knob every time I move a device, is there any way to update M4L.api.DeviceParameterRemote with a new path when a device is moved?