I've written a vsti and find that, in Logic 7.2 (PPC), when I load the song, all my instruments/instances play fine, but I can't use the solo tool. That is, until I open the pluggo window of one of the instances -- it makes a little hiccup, then from that point on the solo tool works as expected.
So, to try to make that clearer:
1) open Logic song -- vsti pluggos are loaded, but their actual windows are not open
2) play the song -- all's fine
3) select Logic solo tool -- solo-ed track won't play
4) open the pluggo window of that instrument/track... pause... a few sounds blurp out
5) try solo tool again, works fine.
Weird, huh? Anybody know what this is all about?
I have loadbangs in the pluggo, but the plug-in wouldn't play at all if they weren't loading with the song (and all tracks do play when the song first loads). Is there anything else that opening the pluggo window itself might do? Maybe someting around the fact that I have lots of java in the pluggo?
Not a huge deal, but a curious problem anyway.