I have some questions about ppft~ that no tutorial seems to answer.
First, I'd like to see if I my perception of how it works is correct.
* The FFTin object gives out a signal which includes every bands amplitude and phase information as complex numbers, correct?
* Cartopol and Poltocar can be used to convert between real and complex numbers.
Now, on to my questions:
1) Does the above statements mean that I can run any of the streams through any normal msp objects, and each band will be processed separatly?
2) What is the simplest way processing bands different, by this I mean, can I somehow extract the band number or, write equations which include the fundamental frequency of the band being processed?
3) How exactly are the streams structured? I mean, is it the pfft~ patcher which is keeping track of each band or are all bands actually inside the stream, like as if the stream had 512 channels for 512 bands etc
I know these are probably stupid questions, but I can't seem to get my head around how pfft~ works, any explanations would help.