Tap.Applescript vs french accents


    Aug 13 2013 | 11:02 am
    Hello Here is the problem : trying to catch infos from songs playing in Itunes via an applescript played by tap.applescript in max, I can't receive accented vowels (you know we have some in french…) The script by itself works well in AppleScript Editor and the accents are ok in the result window. May be the tap object is not build to deal with this. I tried a lot of thing but none worked. Do you have a clue ? Thanks
    Charles
    the script is joined the test patch is here :

    • Aug 13 2013 | 11:06 am
      The Script did not follow for security reasons I zip It and voilà :
    • Aug 13 2013 | 5:51 pm
      So, the tap.applescript object ouput these letters actually ! but they are invisible in a message box. I could find that they have some weird ascii codes (136 with atoi but -113 with toascii for example !). I used a combinaison of atoi + regexp + itoa to recover the original letters It works for the french accents at least - I mean àáâäçèéêëîïôùúûü You can customize the patch for the ones in your own mother's tongue.
      That's better than nothing… waiting the tap object to speak foreign langage or UFT8 at least (but I don't know if that's the problem)
    • Apr 19 2021 | 9:13 am
      Hi all, i'd like to share this one that works too to remove accents (and capitals ) without applescript. The ascii codes for this characters are in specific ranges.
      Best wishes ! -g