Toggle's serious problems (the completely useless topic)
Apr 01 2015 | 5:44 pm
Help! Is this a bug? I can't turn on the toggle with MSP on.
- Apr 01 2015 | 8:45 pmThis isn't useless at all! It's, like, the biggest bug ever I think.
- Apr 01 2015 | 9:11 pmPedro thanks for pointing this out, it's unforgivable that something this simple still persists in 2015.Brendan 22:11 01/04/15
- Apr 01 2015 | 9:27 pmI should note that I'm still on Max 6.1.9 (64 bit). I love Cycling74 as much as you guys, but I won't upgrade if this is not resolved in Max 7... can anyone confirm?
- Apr 01 2015 | 9:41 pm...o my gosh, this is soo terrible! I can confirm I want my money back!
- Apr 01 2015 | 9:48 pmIf indeed the problem lies with some conflict between MSP and the toggle, I'm thinking that a possible workaround might be to build a patch with the toggle in a standalone, sending its control info through UDP to the main patch... Would this work? Or would an approach with two top-level patches be enough?
- Apr 01 2015 | 10:01 pmdefinitely don't be afraid of using the top-level patches with the UDP connection. I have great experience with pattr-over-UDP by now. Toggling will be greatly improved!
- Apr 01 2015 | 10:20 pmMy problem with two top-level patches is that I think DSP on/off is global for the application, not independent... hence the idea of the standalone... Anyway, the pattr object is a good idea, as I can save two presets with the on or off positions... Another approach would be to not use the toggle object at all and build a toggle with jsui! I have to think about it...
- Apr 01 2015 | 10:35 pmMy interest was so picked at first when i saw all the comments here. Then i saw it with my own eyes and... oh my gosh. How did i never realize that. But, as a workaround (and well it's just a workaround i know) maybe you could "correct" the signal with a gen~ custom algorithm ?.. or maybe something wiht Jitter i don't know
- Apr 01 2015 | 10:55 pmjit.gen! You could swiz it, I think?
- Apr 02 2015 | 3:08 pmConfirmed! I tried swiz'ing the different inputs in jit.gen, and it worked!I'm on my way to toggling all the things. So good.
- Apr 02 2015 | 5:42 pmGuys, even if Wetterberg's swiz and jit.gen solution works, I must say: I don't trust the toggle object anymore... The previous bug was already bad, but now it's even worse: the toggle object is messing not only inside Max, but outside as well.. just try it:1. Click on the toggle to turn it on. 2. Now try to click anywhere, inside or outside of Max. The system is totally unresponsive! 3. You only regain control by pressing the Escape key...So, I must conclude that, besides conflicting with MSP, the toggle button also messes up with the mouse systemwide... try it for yourself!On a related note, I've just found that the textbutton object has a toggle mode! So, for me, no more toggle object...
- Apr 02 2015 | 8:40 pm:/ now this gets srs in this patcher, if i click on the toggle, max will just crash !!! straightforward crash !!! each time !!!from now on i will stay away from toggles as well.
- Apr 02 2015 | 11:29 pmToggle is such a basic object... I think I understand cycling's silence about this... what an embarassment...
- Apr 03 2015 | 6:03 pmwe are looking into it. no idea how this slipped in to the release.