5.1.1 SDK Update
An update to the SDK is available. It can be downloaded here:
Here is the Change Log:
- integrated content and examples from the Jitter SDK
- new jit.simple and jit.simple~ example projects
- all examples are more friendly to XCode versions < 3 for compiling on OS 10.4
- documented CLASS_METHOD_ATTR_PARSE
- fix for example in documentation of CLASS_STICKY_METHOD
- object_zero() deprecated, now does nothing
- class_alias() is now exported from the kernel
- removing the jgraphics lockpixels methods from the documentation — they are not exported.
- fix for definition of JGRAPHICS_3PIOVER2
- commented jgraphics.h regarding jgraphics_pattern_set_extend()
- collect example now includes further information (and an example project) for people wishing to use the Code::Blocks IDE on Windows.
- collect example now includes instructions and Makefile for compiling on Windows using GCC and debugging using GDB.
- collect example now shows how to selectively export symbols for both the Mac and Windows (without using a .def file)
The file you named above is not the one listed under "Max Software Development Kit: Download Latest …" at this page: http://cycling74.com/downloads/ Should it be?
Also, while I know I should move "c74support" to my "/Library/Application Support", I’ve never known what to do with the rest of the download. Where should I put it? (I’m particularly concerned about where to put the two files in "examples" named "maxmspsdk.xcconfig" and "Info.plist", which seem like they might be more than just examples.)
The downloads page is scheduled for an update this week.
You shouldn’t need to move any of the files anywhere specific. You can simply put the downloaded folder anywhere you like and then open a project and compile.
I tried to use class_alias() and the object doesn’t load (it loads fine if I don’t use it). I get an error message in the max window saying "Symbol not found _class_alias". Perhaps I’m not using it correctly, or the code is not in the library for this function?
c = class_new("p_sr", (method)SR_new, (method)SR_free, sizeof(psr), 0L, A_GIMME, 0);
…blah blah blah
maxerr = class_alias(c, gensym("pxrgh_snd"));
I assume you are using Max 5.1.1? Which platform are you on?
thanks for your ongoing efforts on the SDK.
I just wanted to let you know that I found two functions that the compiler cannot link to:
jgraphics_rectintersectsrect() and jgraphics_rectcontainsrect()
I wish they could be exported for the next version of the SDK.
> I assume you are using Max 5.1.1? Which platform are you on?
The class_alias() function should be exported as of Max 5.1.2.
Nice work on the latest SDK! It’s especially good to see the jitter projects in there.
Thanks — The merging of the Max and Jitter SDKs may not be über-elegant at the moment, but the important thing is that it is all together now. If you have any suggestions for future SDK versions, please feel free to let us know.