Forums > Jitter

Any way to know when is done sending a static matrix?

July 10, 2013 | 8:02 am

Can’t find any doc info about reporting when it has finished sending a matrix (static images in my case). I’m looking to load a series of images from disk and transmit them via… and I seem to be crashing using uzi or clocked counter to do it… so I’m looking to trigger the next load/transmit after sensing that the previous transmission is complete.

The bigger picture goal here: I want to load new source photos from disk without interrupting animation clocked by CPU. My hope is that I can load the images in a second Max runtime and send them to the main runtime via without interrupting the clocked animation. Any other solutions are very much welcome!

July 10, 2013 | 9:50 am

idk if says when it is finished, but in the meanwhile you could send a "done" message from the client (, once it has received the matrix. It would require sending also smthg like identifiers, or counting how much "done" messages are received.

July 10, 2013 | 10:22 am

Thanks, vichug. Thought of that… but I’m not finding a way to have send any kind of done status either. For that matter, I’m not seeing how to get the jit.matrix that follows it on the receiving end to deliver a done status either. (jit.matrix bangs outlet 2 when finishing an importmovie, but apparently not after receiving from

July 10, 2013 | 10:40 am

you could use an extra object (f.e. maxhole) for sending the message back:

— Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. —

July 11, 2013 | 8:44 pm

Thanks, tobiasros! That seems to have given me a solution. ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums > Jitter