For example, if i have a live.slider in my device with an annotation name of "Scale", i’d expect to see that as the listed name of it’s envelope window in ableton live. Instead it just says "live.slider". :P
i assigned a name to every hint or annotation i could see on that slider but could never get it’s envelope window to show any of those names. So it makes it a little difficult to find which automation parameter envelope you’re looking for when you’ve got a lot. :P
Of course, if you wiggle the slider, live will show you which envelope you just modified so it does make it usable.. I’d just like the proper names to be there so it’s more clean and proper.
hrmm. looking into it more, it appears that if i create a new slider and give it a long and short name, that name WILL be displayed in the live envelopes list.
So it appears that ALL of my live buttons and sliders that are in there already refuse to display their names and i have to delete them all and recreate them again in order for their names to actually be shown… I looked at a new live pulldown and compared all of it’s values to one of my current live pulldowns and i don’t see any suspicious differences between the two and so i’m guessing it’s a random bug…. :(
welp. i spent lots of time inspecting/changing values in the maxpat text file and couldn’t find any problems/solutions there. Instead I found a hack fix where I have to "copy compressed" and paste every single gui element in the maxpat and reconnect the connections and deleting the originals. and yeah, i tested the copy compressed/paste trick on the entire maxpat and it didn’t solve the problem all at once, sadly… :P