Forums > MaxMSP

Automatically Renaming objects?

May 13, 2008 | 3:15 pm

Hey hey,

I’ve noticed something that I wanted to nip in the bud, I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas or maybe advice?

I’ve built a MAX patch that has several copies of one specific patcher. When I made the original patcher, I used an autoname into an autopattr object to name the items in it. On of those obects (for example) is ‘umenu72’.

Then, I copied and pasted this patcher several times (15 to be exact). I’ve noticed that when I open the copies of this patcher, the similar objects have the same name. So, now, I seem to have 15 objects (within 15 separate patchers) called but all of them are called ‘umenu72’. Will this cause problems with saving? DOesn’t everything need to have a discreet name? Is there an easy way to rename everything? I’ve tried giving another ‘autoname’, but it seems that it won’t rename anything that already has a name.

Is there an easy way to fix this, or am I destined to spend the next few days renaming objects manually?

May 13, 2008 | 10:53 pm

If the objects are in discreet patches, your fine. In fact, Max will prevent you from having identically named objects in the same patch, so you’re ok in any case.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Forums > MaxMSP