[bug?] colored patch chords
When making a selecting of multiple patch chords in order to give them a color, if one of the chords has already that color, the others will not update their color. Only by going through another color first, is it possible to change them all. I’m so totally stuck here.
ya, i’ve been doing the same, i choose a different color and then the color i want and it’s fine(not too painful but still an extra step).
Can’t repro here with 5.0.6. Platform/OS/Max version? Y’all have 5.0.6 installed?
|Can’t repro here with 5.0.6. Platform/OS/Max version? Y’all have 5.0.6 installed?|
Sorry, forgot to mention. 5.0.6/10.5.6 MacbookPro
I have the same issue, only with font sizes. When you copy a couple object from max 4., they show up as size 9.
Just selecting all and hitting inspector will display one value (not sure what this depends on, probably just the first one on the object list), but re-entering the value will not update the smaller objects. Now I first have to change everything to some other size, then back to 10.
I agree it’s mierenneuken, but hey, we’re all men in here, right?
Sorry, I’m on 5.0.6 and a MacBook(OSX 10.5.6, 2GB RAM, 2GHZ).
Here’s steps and explanation:
Explanation: When selecting multiple patch-chords with different coloring, a single color will show up as the active color in the color palette and you will be unable to choose that color’s palette slot as the color for all the patch-chords without choosing another color first(not the color-picker! but using the preset color slots underneath it only).
1. Create two objects and connect them together(i used metro and a bang).
2. Duplicate the same two objects with the same connection and move the new duplicate set to the right.
3. Color one of the patch chords with the palette-slot that contains black and color the other with the palette-slot that contains any different color(as long as it is a numbered palette-slot and not the actual color-picker).
4. Shift-Option select the patch chords and right-click on one of them to choose "Color…".
5. Attempt to choose the same color from the palette slots that’s already selected in order to color both the patch chords with that color.
Results: The one patch chord that isn’t colored with the active color will remain unchanged even if you click down on the same active color preset again.
But I’m not so sure this is a bug, it’s just a matter of the preset palette slots already being chosen as active because one of the patch chords does in fact have that slot applied to it, thus not allowing you to click on the slot again without choosing something different.
In any case, for your own research, just remember, this is only with preset palette slots(work the color-picker and everything is fine because you are moving the values around to something different no matter what as soon as you move the color-picking tool).
Ok, thanks for the clear explanation, i can reproduce with these steps.
Forums > MaxMSP