cant build standalone – app crashes on launch
I cant seem to build a standalone patch from this basic test patch. Having looked through the reference files and documentation on building standalones, I’ve tried a back to basics approach – and am trying to build up from the simplest elements. I am working on a MacBookPro on Lion, with Max 6.0.4.
Every time I go to launch the app that I have built, it crashes and I get this report:
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000412f736e
VM Regions Near 0x412f736e:
MALLOC_LARGE 000000000c300000-000000000c341000 [ 260K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
__TEXT 000000008fec7000-000000008fefa000 [ 204K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /usr/lib/dylOk
Here is the patch that I am attempting to build into a standalone – to test what’s going wrong:
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 687.3ocyV0ziZCCD8bxuhnblhbBgPn25wdnp8d0JjId.7JG6HaGftq19au1N erIUvRfhP8hS73wy7lmeiSd02Kbs3HnBC9bvOC77d02yyYxZvqYtWXA9XNCq btEBuPv4+NbR8R7pBJmAZ2ZwuaTToashZrVh046n7sqjPttNiyPylhlDDmtz 9HKpcL3ol8PItbJV+7mhiCs1dy22NLYjnkCGLatEsZ3nKyge86sl1H3ZE8Ev ZdV5Tz3qq3KVWQyQuWWIYmotP8gBGW3fR3WjTLqck5rp+UITG+PEcK2tb2aA Oc+HGkFyIXlfCmhjhPmljht1C+EwNxYtcbtS.DcFJJZ4koHEdOPVY71D+UXs VRWWoqU1dckuwM.Ky2sQHKnJkAOanLnO78BqTPsSFHuqWIXpLASfIqw7sDXC f0lsOXcC+AbEUvGFPbEgJTUkkBod3BL1AJmHNnv4Z5dXPvLGB5J0dphtlAC1 VoD1XgcGO7M7wfzfeXLCRfmapmVWE6AIQ1D5t.PvZ7ZrZX9JnDZOP1YOGy04 LgBzhRFrGXtSRPVWiNmbpt6j1qjVBAnoFUFBcA0mgGT.2PSFFumrJYVlUKMK Yg8ApYnSVMhF6nyqYixRbAO1oWSS+PU6szXeaMxEULMUwnDP1F4bSNsGzCJn ywXthJJM6xLVz0dUXCi0bUXCikL+zTVWedIVZ3KMHWYj4MM.nyxYStUd6Bhv 34nq4FvqVMUeCXqXB8Qhor+2zR+aph5JebhhE2IQgK1gLJ+u+eGG9r1GxJJQ kLuMbseoNHpChDPY9DfqYpuSwCbZGkP.dejZtl0BdW8gN44yUgGzXvC5gfmE i.NYOLzjMBzr7gglki.MQnaDN0JabYo4y8plX5Phoy9YgzNMchaJkWO0EwPI X++hZ+S7sQ6M++vnzQMj -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
And here is the the build script that I am using:
open "Macintosh HD:/Users/georgepoonkhinkhut/Desktop/basic.maxpat"
I have included a standalone object in the patch, and checked its properties in Inspector, pretty ordinary.
If anyone at C74 could test this for me – perhaps I have an issue with my computer?
I HAVE built standalones before – but its always been touch and go – now I am trying to understand what makes them work or not.
Attached is the crash report in text form.
Works fine here: Max 6.0.4 and OSX 10.6.8.
My only command was "open thispatcher".
Thanks for testing SeeJay
Tom Hall emailed me with the suggestion to completely remove my existing install and reinstall Max.
I removed Max, then booted into the Lion Recovery HD – did a Repair Permissions, Repair Drive (just in case – as I’ve had a lot of issues with permissions lately), then reinstalled Max6,
Then I tried building the standalone of my very complex patch – and it worked straight off! Brilliant!
Here’s Tom’s instructions for de-installing Max, so you can do a clean install:
To clean out Max 6 entirely, remove these items:
1. ~/Library/Application Support/Cycling ’74
In Mac OS 10.7, the Application Support/Cycling ’74 folder is hidden. You can find it using the ‘Go’ Menu in the Finder. From there, choose ‘Go To Folder…’ and enter:
then navigate to the Cycling ’74 folder and delete it.
All the best
Forums > MaxMSP