"could not create temporary GWorld for open() error" with WindowsXP64
The title says it all…. well sort of. I’m running a copy of Max 5.1.4 on WindowsXP and am finding that when I allow my patch to run for multiple days I start to see these error messages popping up, "could not create temporary GWorld for open() error" with regards to my jit.qt.movie objects. I also notice that once these begin to appear, my video performance in Jitter starts to suffer, with videos freezing and "catching" when other videos are loading. I will admit fully that I haven’t worked on a windows computer in years, so my personal confidence in finding the appropriate solution isn’t fully there.
My patch runs without issue on mac osx in both tiger and leopard for extended periods of time on machines with far less memory, cpu, harddrive space etc… I really ran into no issues switching to PC, except this one error message.
I’ve never had this type of error before and I’m wondering what causes it and what I can do to make it no longer appear. Anyone have insight? My other computer specs are listed below. I could always run a script that closes max/jitter at night when no one is around, but I’d really rather just be able to have it run without issue.
4 GB of memory
CPU – Intel Xeon CPU W3530
Video Card – Quadro FX 3800
is your jit.window in the sreen resolution ?
I’m not sure what you mean, sorry, my jit.window has a resolution of 853 x 480, my monitor currently has a resolution of 1280 x 1024, but this is just a testing monitor. The final display monitor will have a 1360 x 768 res.
try @pos 0 0 argument…if it’s not the case. Your window has to be in the sreen size.
That can be one cause of the problem
Thanks, I normally dont throw in the @pos argument until I’m finishing up testing, but I’ve put it in there now and we’ll see what happens.
Still not clear about what you mean when you speak of the "screen size" do you mean the @size argument for the jit.window object? Otherwise, I’m obviously not too bright today, could you explain what you mean a bit further when you was, "your window has to be in the screen size".
If your main screen is 1650 x 1080 and you put your window at @pos 2000 1200,
it can’t work.
Yup, not an issue since my window is @pos 0 -50 for the moment. I’ll see if the @pos argument helps with this error, though it will be a few days before it’ll start to occur (if history is any indication). Thanks for the help and I really hope this solves everything for me!
And James – did this resolve the issue??
I have the same error on os x 10.6.4 and max 5.1.4
I have been doing similar stuff literally for years, and now run into this error – could it have something to do with sending different jit.windows to different dvi outputs in the new version?
Although I have the same problem just running on a macbookpro as on a desktop machine using multiple video cards: after a few hours it not only gives this error, but crashes soon after I try to intervene.
I just made a quick patch which illustrates the problem.
causes crash after about 5 mins.
what to do – what not to do……???
----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 689.3ocyXtrbaBCEFdM9oPCqcYPRbycU66P20ISFYPwQtfjKHpcZl7tWjDjq hDbMPXg8LnK3+ymN5+bFe+JG2shSzJWvWA+D33b+JGG8PpAbZe1wsfbJMmTo WlKmdTrcu6ZyTR5Iod3bAIqfVUAfcSwxzSzr3u.i5FTTKyoR4cGnleSWWvUs ScifK4jB8DteujQx61Dutfwa1lV.vmFz7xdwnpWRE6u5WBD442N7AhL8VFe2 0kzTo4WNIpYV.NV8crZk.jumO3J0FdX0J0Wqubjrkv2YCHg8BD8N9rfBJVyC jBEqAQ9WFVpK1RKsE8A8F8Ltzc8nBAzYCgXrJrgQ5DjvKiApqDjcz2ja3aCK 3w6VBZrRHPA53Gpw.F4E1Pljw8dREMGfswC36eIY8nwkyOGAFnABbi99BNZJ 7OTbAYiK9KWtX3wjiEaEY1rboRHxPkjoiJohZtzpaaxGY118Q834RnPqDJ37 8b0PAF.0kiwShmaIkjA9guer29C1JJGr7reC2nIgIkIQaE+e69JE61kSsD2w uaBxig9YzvQuGvO0n03eCnfJKEM0qsDgQia2Vi0oabn9.0WeHGlLII8GY7Lw QvM07ecmExDt.a4.at9a.RB9hR5+Hu.XOdAKvVwfAIimYPO2g1yjdOOiA7Mt fjl1SEWz3Wwcr5gOoseUSg2H3TX3nf0ukdEh+vrYq1e2qMa75Bhrjc5SkQPS aIHSpTjc+Gs3byY7W+uDnegpweI3pD0kocAZqCCv+wPLiVIYbhjI3OaMvWrl aYYYT8zchufkcPzTLpUB8bHNTEgWbJBNDI0zGG.OaRZy.TTv7BI+AHI77JI3 PRklWMkLDIMymbACPSaVdR5UYbKCMMuNSAKOuxgTPIbdkTz.jT7rJonAVPY9 TT7.TTzEnnlGdX0+.nHhxJC -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
like Joost Rekveld (haha, I know his name from somewhere) also overcame the problem by first rendering to video – and then moving through my sequence by setting time (position) in the movie instead of reading (vast quantities of) images into the jit.qt.movie object one by one…