csound~ v1.1.0 is now available at:
csound~ is now compiled using the Max5 SDK, which means there is no Max4 version. Also, I’ve dropped support for ppc mac. As always, feedback and bug reports are welcome.
Here is the changelog:
(** = backwards compatibility issue)
(* = deprecation issue)
- Rewritten using C++, STL, and Boost for added robustness and lower maintenance effort.
- Better cooperation with Max threading architecture (potential hangs eliminated, now using spinlocks).
- Uses Max5 attributes (there’s a csound~ tab in the inspector window).
- Can specify Max objects in the orchestra. Format is "< ~> … " where "…" is a Max script for creating an object.
- Messages printed to the Max window can now be traced back to a specific csound~ instance by double-clicking on a line in the Max window.
- Warnings are colored light orange in the Max window instead of red.
- Can save sequences as JSON or XML files (in addition to binary format).
- If @matchsr attribute is 1, csound~ will auto recompile Csound with sample-rate overrides whenever host sample-rate does not equal Csound sample-rate. ksmps will be preserved.
- Fixed deadlock issues when using outlet data to trigger other csound~ functions.
- Fixed memory deallocation bug when running debug build of csound~.
- If csound~ is in bypass mode, sending "start" or "bang" to compile the orchestra will not be followed by an automatic run of 1 k-cycle performance.
- If csound~ is in bypass mode, MIDI bytes are not queued.
- Non-editable attribute @nolatency tells you when csound~ is processing audio without latency.
** No longer Max4 compatible.
** rsidx output message format has changed to: "rsidx table# index value".
* @start is deprecated. Please use @autostart instead.
* @scale and "noscale" is deprecated. Audio is automatically scaled when 0dBFS levels don’t match.
a quick question:
if you are to use with max 4.6, what are the suitable versions of [csound~] and csound?
As always, thanks for this!
For Max 4.6, you can use csound~ 1.0.7 and any version of Csound 5.08 or later. You can download 1.0.7 from the main csound~ page.
i just want to express my gratitude for your sharing so much and admiration for your project. it is a great object, and the time and trouble you have gone to to document it so thoroughly is greatly appreciated and a credit to you and to software sharing (the documentation is better than most commercial softwares). now to brush up on my Csound …
You’re welcome :)
And thanks for the comments about the documentation. My hope is to make csound~ very easy to learn because, let’s face it, Csound itself is very different from Max and probably harder to learn for most.
Davis, you need to add a donation button to your site.
"Davis, you need to add a donation button to your site."
(same goes for anyone doing work of this caliber)
Forums > MaxMSP