All I could find was a thread from 2007. What are the libraries for Max/MSP that are must haves today?
This really depends a lot on what type of things you do with Max. Some essentials on my list are:
– Sarcduino (straightforward way to read all inputs on Arduino boards into max at a stable sample rate.)
– FTM. Ircam’s awesome library from the iMTR group. Allows for matrix operations, named objects and variable and a lot of other goodies.
– Soundhack externals. Very cool effects that make any msp chain sound great.
– CNMAT everything. Great collection of objects, particularly useful for FFT stuff and advanced OSC routing.
– BACH. If you write score-based music this is a must have. You can explore ideas and do procedural material generation very quickly.
Log in to reply
Let us tell you about notable Max projects, obscure facts, and creative media artists of all kinds.