All I could find was a thread from 2007. What are the libraries for Max/MSP that are must haves today?
This really depends a lot on what type of things you do with Max. Some essentials on my list are:
– Sarcduino (straightforward way to read all inputs on Arduino boards into max at a stable sample rate.)
– FTM. Ircam’s awesome library from the iMTR group. Allows for matrix operations, named objects and variable and a lot of other goodies.
– Soundhack externals. Very cool effects that make any msp chain sound great.
– CNMAT everything. Great collection of objects, particularly useful for FFT stuff and advanced OSC routing.
– BACH. If you write score-based music this is a must have. You can explore ideas and do procedural material generation very quickly.
Log in to reply
C74 IN YOUR INBOX
C74 RSS Feed | © Copyright Cycling '74 | Terms & Conditions
Let us tell you about notable Max projects, obscure facts, and creative media artists of all kinds.