I am using MAX/MSP 5 on a Intel Mac running OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
I am using a Fireface 400 as my audio interface. I just updated the driver.
Used to be that when I opened, in MAX, the DSP Status window, I would set the driver to CoreAudio Fireface 400.
then I could choose the same for "Input Source" and "Output Destination".
For some reason, now it seems to be the case that, when "Core Audio Fireface 400 " is the device, no options appear in the "Input Source" and "Output Destination". (I also use ProTools on the same computer (though not at the same time), and there is a ProTools Agreggate Device which I also try, but get the same problems.)
In other words, MSP seems to only be allowing me to use the Built-In Output.
This WAS working at one point. I have not upgraded anything (except for the Fireface driver, today, but it wasn't working yesterday, and it still isn't working after the upgrade). So I am not sure what I might have done to stop it from working.
Yes, I have done the "Audio/MIDI Setup". As for firmware, I am not sure where to find it on RME website. I did a search for firmware, and was taken to the drivers page . . perhaps I was not looking hard enough.