Happy 10-year Birthday, TapTools!
My object package for Max has just turned 10 years old. I hope you’ll pardon a proud parent for feeling some excitement on the occasion :-).
The TapTools objects actually started in response to interchanges on the precursor to this forum (the old McGill University Max email list). In October 2002 they made the move to a commercial package so I could justify the time I was spending to support to the objects.
For the 10 year birthday I’ve decided to drop the price to $25 @ http://shop.electrotap.com/products/taptools
Sorry for the commercially nature of this. I just could never have imagined when I started writing these externs that they would still be going strong 10 years later! Thanks to all of you who have supported them over the course of time, and I hope they’ve been as big a blessing to you as they have been to me!
happy tappy birthday!
And an amazing offer! Just took advantage of it ;) Can’t wait to give it a try!
but no windows version :-(
if i would be sure a win version will be out i’d buy taptools right now :-)
but i guess it won’t never be a win version, sadly.
happy birthday !
bought anyway :-)
using ver 3.0.1
any hope to have future upgrade following osX versions?
Wow. That’s amazing and I’m seriously humbled… We’re exploring some options for the future. I’ve always want to have the source code available to users, so maybe some sort of option where that is released into the wild would encourage others to port it to Windows (or something like that).
I guess if it were open source then I wouldn’t have to worry about the authorization, which would simplify the issue of Windows support…
So, is there hope? I think the answer is yes, but that isn’t a commitment of any kind…
i guess that if the source code is well commented it shouldn’t be so difficult to adapt it for win32/64.
how much plaform specific code is in the latest taptools?
The platform specific code is limited to only a few objects (e.g. tap.applescript).
Trying the demo now. [tap.pan~] seems to output signal only on the first output. Same in the help file. What tools can be used for multichannel processing ?
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 493.3ocyU1rTCBCDG+L7TjImqcRnPK5MeNbbbRgUMJMgIIUq5nO6RV9nnh1V sV8RfrYYy+8W1M7TX.ctdEXojSHmQBBdJLH.M4MDzLOftPrJqPXQ2npkKlCl WnipWyJuxalMl0XPlitomeyQG25zkZkSIV.3JmZjhh1Uphldoq.bXviZrVax 8PITqL+tn7eDgdYgV3njy6EYq7QzOdTmHJMfETNgSpUWXfLWcblDkT4BIJw6 IpY+PWvVnyg9xnT3xtVptpWD3ob+Wwim5ejfiQ8iQUBIUc4i21ygg9gQ6e9l 9mw2sfTwo+xfxVHyAC8iXYFsSUlJn3.yEfRLu.ULaPvvaAiQ1V17FyumWqAz .Y9D13jQj3XLkmvqe7YYN+aj4vi4hrWFHymN7wN6Kpm4yvioDrwHtabOVOC2 WIsVg4fU3NSKkpaGJER10ZZ9Fpo23UEeJTRwKHhYecoKe+wDmnbboPMDVh2U rLYys5qe6G.INC6ySR29FbzCZgT89e7f6h29aQmUuzj0J+FXP3c6SNXcRUWO 6Yc+6grVKWKyyAU+dgbo0ek.RX1fGg6hZXaPMo+qTyzCpZ3agZ3GD0LaKXS7 AiMI+hpotESTVdGXrMgDER08P2nM9oSGgSkp5oXDoF3NYq+yB8Q64vWAQh2T QB -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
This is strange, I get the same thing with tap.shift~ help file ??? no problem with standard max objects…
same problem here with [tap.pan~]…
I don’t seem to have issues with tap.shift~
BTW, mbp 2 x 2,4 osx 10.6.8 max 6.07…
tap.pan~ works just fine on my ( humble and ancient :-P ) 3.0.1 taptools on Windows 7 and Max 6.0.7
The slider connected to the tap.pan~ in that patcher is doing 3 things that are potentially problematic:
1. It is sending ints instead of floats
2. The range is 0 to 127 instead of from 0. to 1.
3. It is connected to the first inlet instead of the second inlet.
Hope this helps!
I was using the helppatch only… still no dice…
Same for me : help files for both cases.
it seems help patch wasn’t updated after some internal changes. After a little of experimentation: position has -1..+1 range (not 0..1) and signal should be connected to both inlets (for mono to stereo pan). It’s nice, because it could be used as stereo balance or dry/wet (when mixing outputs).
Thanks — I’ll fix that help patcher!
Forums > MaxMSP