I currently have a max msp patch that uses 2 "ctlin" objects (one for x values and one for y values) to get x and y acceleration data from an external device. The data is being transfered via osculator and is sending midi signals to the patch.
I want to end up with a patch that allows x and y acceleration data to be able to control a midi file, e.g play a drum sound. However, I only want the file to be played if the incoming acceleration values satisfy a number of conditions.
The java/max msp object:
* I want to create java script that will be able to be used as an object in max msp.
* The object should continually analyze incoming x and y acceleration values.
* In the objects left inlet, I want to be able to set and adjust the trigger-range e.g. a low and high trigger threshold. The low value will be the minimum value able to trigger a midi file at a low volume and the high value will be the maximum value able to trigger a midi file at the highest volume.
* Also in the left inlet, I want to be able to set and adjust the
minimum-peak-gap. This will consist of two things, a value in milliseconds and another value that the acceleration data may not exceed by within that time frame. E.g. for 30 milliseconds the acceleration data may not increase by more than 20.
* Therefore only data that fulfills the above conditions, will emerge from the outlet of the object, causing the midifile to play.
I am not very experienced when it comes to programming and have no idea where to start or what to use? If anyone could offer help or show me some examples, I would really appreciate it!