Ok, if you want a graph like the one you’ve shown you have two basic options.
You can use the LCD objec
* work is done in software)
* Doesn’t do 3d but your graph is easily mocked up in 2d
* It’s easier to control and work with for a beginner at max.
You can use OpenGL and Jitter.
* this is good because the work gets done on hardware so it’s faster
* you can create your plot using commands with three coordinates
* you can zoom around and play with your graph in all sorts of cool ways.
You might look at jit.gl.graph and the fft~ object to get a feel for whats involved.
let me know if thats the kind of answer that helps. I’m no expert at graphs.