Forums > Jitter

Jitter shaders- porting from WebGLSL/ShaderToy -resolution problems/AntiAliasing

December 25, 2013 | 4:17 pm

Hello I’ve been trying to learn to use OpenGl shaders in Max by porting in some other people’s work from the GLSL Sandbox website and Shadertoy website such as this . I can get them to work very well except the resolution always look much worse on my end.

GLSL Sandbox has a dropdown menu that lets you select different levels of anti-aliasing. I can’t find any reference explaining what exactly this is doing. Does anyone know how I can achieve similar anti-aliasing/upsampling in Max?

I tried implementing the two methods here: but it either looks bad or no different. I think it’s because I’m either routing it incorrectly or because the FXAA is for 3D objects and I’m just doing 2D.

I would appreciate any help!

December 25, 2013 | 7:38 pm

I realized I could just specify a resolution in GLSL sandbox as a normal vec2 to see what that drop-down box is doing. I think what they’re doing is just supersampling the shader and then scaling it to fit the window. I still can’t figure out how to scale it in Max/MSP/Jitter though. It just displays a tiny corner of the generated image.

December 26, 2013 | 10:44 am

Please post an example including the patch and shader. Then we can take a look at it.

December 26, 2013 | 12:50 pm

Actually I figured it out by looking at what these guys were doing

I simply needed to connect a matrix that was 1024 by 1024 to my first object.

Thanks though!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums > Jitter