I’m hoping that there is a way around this and that it is only effecting my computer, but this is a really annoying bug:
*how to reproduce*
1. Create a new patcher
2. Create a key object and a print object
3. Connect the leftmost key outlet to the print object
4. Hit any keys you want and it should work as normal
5. Try hitting "A" either shift-a or caps[on]-a
6. Max will recognize the first press but won’t respond to shift-a again until you relaunch Max 5.
I’ve seen this bug in every patch that I have that uses the key object when I load them in Max 5.