1) create new patcher
2) create a subpatch
3) open patcher inspector for subpatch
4) turn on option "Show on Parent Patcher Tab"
5) click on tab to show newly created subpatch
6) create objects to connect together 6.5) highlight objects to connect together
7) apply any of the keyboard shortcuts or scripting features for connecting objects together via Max ToolBox
Max window returns: "js | Max Toolbox : No objects are selected, please select something and try again."
If you uncheck the "Show on Parent Patcher Tab" option and open the subpatch in a new window, the Max ToolBox keyboard shortcuts work as they always have.
i can totally reproduce that – incidentally, the toolbox doesn’t work with any of the built-in help patchers. But, you should probably tell this to Nathanaël Lécaudé himself, i don’t see c74 having any power in correcting this.
Hi, Maxtoolbox author here…
Actually this is not an easy fix. The Toolbox uses the frontpatcher property to detect what patcher to work on, and when a tab is open the frontpatcher refers to the main patch, not the tab… There’s sadly not much I can do now but I will continue checking….