max with moogerfooger mf-104m
I have a trouble: I am trying to send from max to the moog delay a midi clock using sync- and midi out. The problem is i have a not-regular clock signal out from max, and consequently the delay time is not regular at all. If i try with another clock source (for example Ableton live midi clock) i don’t have the same problem, and time is perfect on the delay. So i assume the probem is in max, but i can’t understand where. Any suggestion?
i am here again. I tried again but i still have the same problem.
So my main questions are:
1) Is it possible that max is sending out an unstable midi clock, while ableton a stable one (or at least a more stable, but stable enough for the delay).
2) If the problem is max, where, if possible, can i modify the rate of midi messages sent out from max (i use the "midiout" object, i think the only one available for what i am trying to do)?
Any help is very appreciated.
1) of course
2) Depends on what your patch is like.
I don’t own a MF104-M, but I do have a Midi-MuRF, and this is the patch I use to control its clock.
I’ve found the manual very useful in the past for figuring out midi commands–nearly everything is mappable with the MuRF, so I’m guessing it’s the same way with the 104-M.
You could easily sequence metro rate changes to have dynamic delay times.
-- Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. --Copy all of the following text. Then, in Max, select New From Clipboard.----------begin_max5_patcher---------- 1155.3oc0YtzraZCE.ds8uBMr1MAId2cYlrLsatSW0oSFrQ1WR.IFgbhSyj+ 6UO.aru2qP1FjmtAijkfy4SmWR7ykK7VSOfa8.+N3uAKV7ykKVn5R1wht1K7 pyOroJuUMLuMz5ZLg6sR+eb7Att+J5luBpwbFcEftcq3BoePaY6VKGj+6765 grutjTg4pmIreXTBus7ewp9PCGKcOuev881vvsB4HmWRIelg2v0JQ.LULQ.x WNe0KTdA7O8yJmu44RxtylQndFpACQPcqASprPogz0e42fgdCDVRdsRX89.q LuxS9G+Z4R4kU2IM435F5i.eIYR0Ow2Z5Eq.cRj7ZjuQ1gbC6T1f.VNG+..H xWAv3XaAnlYZfqo3axOna3WKtRHcfFJi+..HTwODJyV.BgAuKRLCHrCjQFPn uiPHOmweeKm1LqD7kv.EqBlAizWM5OlMsrff+t3o9BTTQyKpwssfiQNucEue v5t3+nAq0ZOOyFHJLDpcwPlPR7zhj8Bii82uZGzKnhrBc4p8fhjq.uUxKHRw f6Oda3ftCO0c5ftSO0MLdP+hFGuOXviLdvyAhDy9HCewJRozqPrvrxtEGc7O nu4DHFVcN9FXh94X1mwj70UpQ3eKFy6qWiY2+RGZD9rNmryyb0IPayul3P7L huND4+n716.VnBXoFSnF4j.fh7bMXRA3rR5dPTA5q.RlwZbCcBV3rbR6vZLN CInqAIYi3j08yVg44abyqMJi7DEGn3YfNQKJwDPClVfxo61UgMZIYoIiTkMp kgQmpl.YL3CZpCwrdOmeZGj2iVNZLVnv4H53h4H5YX7D5Dn2pRH498AtesWG ZHJ0r1ibVQiJAe9BWNNWFVCcrYiBnaRkTWVTVR1RmQyEaPRpBFQHyH4+O0R+ g+B7wO8D3oeP3OCfGqv8Ow7uSYeE7jnhFwdTG7OaYzZveje305BMEEEqCDAs pn3v3GdceR6Rgx5Mq6rUmKBoCRGlYlIAtoFFgTkNiwnFM+rexfitLvXQHv.e WwjHzijIo91yDTlyXh+ijIc9N1wjTmvjtSYzG.eUvDbKA0e8j7qN8qUU6pOK hXjYJkXGkTS1qpjb4WYQI.x9OGcsz8rM8he2QRANIBE3VdIQcloCFC7rw7bY QAlLLbZQYqLpewaG12VoQ9lfiHMphDGLpYUdjqCiyGoMsqHjRhfiJQYiHQhb pMTgicmYCJQ8EEfYgpy2NMSUytr0o2zjoCxM4XAUkYTtFcn6aqASzAffwJcP 1ZFzAUcQiuNHqT3Zzg3tpPzQGhzqFxVywxfbaEitLnpz1QF2W9tdKn5NI5Ri vIZYty3DghT+zsNKaMGlpWDLXpzAcPBT2gS0qCyj61EgXuUcXBsUsw2IDckL USwrDUnKc7LYi4v62pDaItimg1QT246aSp+PmIM1Dq1cqVgVHMWY7j.ju1pW GVIAcr0Cx5O3l7cSCGH9o1T.ktF97llugYschfRvEaz4KTlrY7JUyRhtoZmZ dL72J6GuRl7xYhMcvE63XOSuegCoxiSV7d90x+C.Ny4np -----------end_max5_patcher-----------
Thanks for the answers. I have tried the pasted patch and it looks working better, but still some small glissandos sometimes. The fact is also that it is easy to hear even very small time variations in a delayed signal, because it changes the pitch of the note.
Anyway, i will go on working on it and write back if something new comes out.
Forums > MaxMSP