I’ve tried using several MIDI devices, including an Alesis Q25, Korg NanoKontrol and Edirol PC-50, and kept having the same problem. Max recognises that a device isconnected but nothing happens when I press a key. The device appears in the MIDItester and whenever I double-click on a notein or midiin object.
However, today I tried with an M-Audio Keystation 49e and it works! The problem is that it’s not my instrument… I’m not very clued up when it comes to MIDI – or to Max for that matter – but if anyone can suggest why that one device works when all the others won’t (and how I can get my Q25 to work), I’d be a very happy man!
For info, I’m using the latest version of Max 6 on Windows. Any MIDI device I connect works fine with Ableton and Sibelius (also installed on my laptop).