Forums > MIRA

MIRA Automatic Scripting Name Assignment (!?)

Feb 23 2014 | 7:42 am

This drove me Insane for hours last night.
Couldn’t figure out why objects were being given generic names (flonum, flonum[1], …).
I blamed that poor little [autopattr (@autoname 0)], who was entirely innocent.
Turns out that mira.frame, (understandably, predictably, obviously) auto-assigns Scripting Names to all objects it supports if they are not already named.
Fine, no hard feelings, MIRA…. But this is a problem when I only want to use the very specifically assigned Scripting Names in a Umenu, for routing purposes with pattrstorage, and dont want 500 ‘flonum[i]’ clogging up my ipad screen.

Any suggestions for how to circumvent this?

Jan 18 2015 | 11:37 pm

I’m also struggling with this problem.
Any solution?

Feb 01 2016 | 4:15 pm

I’ve hit this problem in a slightly different setup (no mira). My work around is to attach a [loadmess varname] to any objects I want to exclude from pattr.

Mar 03 2016 | 8:19 pm

Glad to have discovered the answer to this. Not sure I agree with the "understandably, predictably, obviously" part.


May 11 2016 | 12:46 pm

Well…. I figure mira needs some way to differentiate between objects, and if you don’t give them a name it will.

And, BTW, for anyone who was concerned about this for the reason I was (trying to use the contents of patter to load umenus for routing, as in the Andrew Benson video processing system example), if I recall, I just did some regex thing to ignore anything stored which I didn’t name myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums > MIRA