Forums > MaxMSP

Motu 828 mk1 question

May 13 2008 | 2:00 am

I am wanting to use my Motu 828 mk1 as the audio input device in max/msp. have used it with max for over 6 months, it works fine as the output device.

On the DSP tab I can select MOTU 828 as the device. but it wont allow me to select the input from the 828.

also noted that when I select the MOTU 828 as the audio device, the output destination is blank, yet I am still getting an output signal.

I have installed the latest OSX10.5 drivers but that didnt work.

does anyone have any suggestions?


May 13 2008 | 2:37 am

so you can slect the 828 as the input device, but input source and output destination have no options, correct?

this is the same behavior for mine, and there is no problem. the device works as it should. have you tried testing input and output?

May 13 2008 | 2:43 am

i tried testing the inputs with a guitar but didnt get anything into Max. there was definitely signal there as the monitor light on the MOTU front panel was illuminated.

perhaps its my patch. will have another look at it.

May 13 2008 | 4:16 am

This has been my experience with every 828, 828mkII, and UltraLight I have used–even though nothing shows up in those menus both ins and outs should be fine. Check out "Meterin" and "Audiotester" in the extras menu before you go messing around in your patch because it is possible you may just be using the wrong numbered input on the [DAC~], and even not it will give you a quick way to figure out if it a problem MOTU->Max, or if it is indeed a patching problem.

May 13 2008 | 4:22 am

thanks. will try the audiotester and meterin before I mess with the patch.

the numbers of the inputs on the DAC look to be configured okay but will double check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums > MaxMSP